Check out odds, plays and more for the New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans NFL Week 5 matchup on October 10, 2021.© Provided by Sports Illustrated Oct 3, 2021; Foxborough, Massachusetts, USA; New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones (10) walks off of the field after a loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brian Fluharty-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Texans (1-3) bring a three-game losing streak into a matchup with the New England Patriots (1-3) on Sunday, October 10, 2021 at NRG Stadium. New England is an 8.5-point favorite in the game. The point total for the game is set at 39.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Patriots vs. TexansView the original article to see embedded media.
- New England and its opponents have scored at least 39.5 points or more just one time this year.
- In 75% of Houston's games this season (3/4), the teams combined to score more than Sunday's total of 39.5.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 34.6, is 4.9 points fewer than Sunday's over/under.
- The 46.5 points per game these two squads have allowed their opponents to score this season are 7.0 more than the 39.5 over/under in this contest.
- Patriots games this season feature an average total of 44.9 points, a number 5.4 points higher than Sunday's over/under.
- The 45.9 PPG average total in Texans games this season is 6.4 points more than this game's over/under.
Patriots stats and trends
- New England has two wins against the spread in four games this year.
- New England's games this year have not hit the over yet in four opportunities.
- The Patriots rack up 11.2 fewer points per game (17.8) than the Texans give up (29).
- The Patriots collect 311.8 yards per game, 90 fewer yards than the 401.8 the Texans allow per contest.
- The Patriots have turned the ball over one more time (7 total) than the Texans have forced a turnover (6) this season.
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for New England's matchup with the Texans.
Texans stats and trends
- Houston has two wins against the spread in four games this year.
- The Texans have been underdogs by 8.5 points or more three times this season and covered the spread once.
- Houston's games this season have eclipsed the over/under two times in four opportunities (50%).
- The Texans score 16.8 points per game, comparable to the 17.5 the Patriots surrender.
- Houston is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team scores more than 17.5 points.
- The Texans average 263.3 yards per game, 43.5 fewer yards than the 306.8 the Patriots allow.
- This year the Texans have turned the ball over seven times, two more than the Patriots' takeaways (5).
Home and road insights
- This season, Texans home games average 44.3 points, 4.8 more than this matchup's over/under (39.5).
- The average point total in Patriots away games this season is 43.0 points, 3.5 more than this matchup's over/under (39.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new-england-patriots-vs-houston-texans-nfl-week-5-odds-plays-and-insights/ar-AAPdwvn699